We stopped in Peoria, IL to visit Gene and Anella. While I was at Bradley University I volunteered weekly at a local nursing home. Anella and Gene volunteered there too. They were like grandparents to me away from home.
Then we made it to Kankakee, IL, my hometown. These are my Mom's cousins, my second cousins, Dawn and Diane (yes, they're twins). Dawn was one of the nurses that took care of me when I was born and always lived nearby, so I grew up calling her "Aunt Dawn."
On to Chebanse, IL. Henry with his Great Great Aunt Marge! What a fun visit!
Out to eat...Henry with his Great Great Aunt Donna! Terrific picture!
Henry with his Great Uncle Paul who has nicknamed him "Little Hawk." I'm not exactly sure why. Not pictured his wife, Great Aunt Linda.
Hanging with his Great Uncle Denny or "Uncle Pops" as we like to call him (his grandchildren call him Pops). Not pictured his wife, Great Aunt Terry and his son, Bob (who was also visiting. He lives in Africa right now).
At Monical's Pizza with second cousin, Fran, and Great Aunt Teresa. They're so funny!
With my godmother, Carolyn, and two of her grandchildren, Allison (who was my flower girl) and Josie. Not pictured my godfather and their son Paul.
Down in Jackson, MO playing with his cousins Eva and Spider-Man, oh, I mean Eli.
On our way home from Jackson we stopped in South County (St. Louis) to see JoeAnn, my Mom's cousin and big sister to Dawn and Diane pictured above. JoeAnn's grandson, Robert, is pictured here with Henry, who was hamming it up.*While in Kankakee, I forgot to get a picture with my friend Nora and her darling little girl, Lily, and our wonderful former neighbor, Rick. Oops! We sure were busy!
3 comments:
Wow, I am envious of how successful you were in seeing so many of our relatives! I am so happy that Henry had a wonderful "rainbow tour" and everyone got to see how cute and wonderful he is...he certainly did a great job posing for all the pictures!
Brooke
What a lovely memoir of our series of reunions. We are so lucky to have so many dear relatives and friends. Henry loved them all and they loved him :)
After looking through all the pictures, it looks like you and your mom had a lot of fun while Ernie and I relaxed at home and ate out every night :) Love, Dad
Post a Comment