Henry was 11 months old on 2-13-09. Wow! One year is right around the corner. Henry is pulling up to stand (everywhere!) and cruising right along. He is definitely testing our baby-proofing skills, as he keeps very busy around the house. His receptive language is growing, and I'm tempted to say his expressive is too. We think his first word is "Daddy" or "dada." As a speech-language pathologist, I thought I would be better at knowing when to count it as a true word. I am also puzzled by an event that took place on Friday evening while I was feeding Henry. I turned my head to try to solve a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune. I was looking at the TV for a while and all of a sudden I hear, "mama." I look at Henry, and he signs, "more." Maybe a fluke, but part of me wants to believe that little guy had a two word combo! He loves to bring things with him as he crawls around. He's been doing that for a while, but it gets pretty funny when he tries to carry two or three items. He does "So Big," "Peek-a-Boo," and "Pat-a-Cake." His two front teeth are about halfway through for a grand total of 6 teeth. He continues to try new "grown-up" foods. We have progress on sippy cup use thanks to Chad's perseverance. Henry is still as friendly as ever and loves to laugh and play. It seems like there's a lot more to tell, but I can hear him waking up from his nap...
1 comment:
cute...i love it!
love.Eva
Post a Comment