3.14.2010

Henry Turns Two!

Henry turned two on 3-13-10. He is such a busy boy right now, but still as sweet as ever. He loves buses and big trucks, books (especially those with animal or transportation themes), Mardi Gras beads, his dog, Cooper, coloring, Duplo blocks, his lovey cloth diaper, Elmo, Max and Ruby, and other shows on PBS. He loves to visit our neighbors, Lisa, Scott, and Ryan. He likes to snack on raisins and goldfish crackers (and would jump at the chance for a cookie or some popcorn). He often crosses his feet at the ankle when sitting in a big chair (I've even seen him do it while sleeping). He's showing us his independent side and wants to do things his way. His vocabulary is building by the hour it seems as he uses more and more words, repeats everything, and creates longer utterances (much to mommy's SLP delight). He is a social guy, and he is usually waving and saying "hi" to everyone he meets. He loves to be with family (immediate and extended) and wants to learn everyone's name. He looks forward to his Nonni coming on Sunday and spending the day with her on Monday. Henry is an outdoor boy, and I know he'll love being outside as the weather warms up. He's a big helper too, assisting me set the table and put laundry in the dryer and even taking his bags of dirty diapers to the garage! A hug and a kiss from Henry is such a gift. We are truly blessed to have this little boy in our life. Happy 2nd birthday, Henry James!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that Henry...I get kidded about how often I say, "I love to watch him play with his trucks" or "I love to watch him eat" or just fill in the blank...I love to watch him period. Somewhere, early on, Henry took lessons on how to be absolutely endearing. He is a blessing to us all. Happy 2 Blue Eyes!!