
I decided to make the cake again this year, but this time I was on my own (with a little help from Chad). I'm very proud of it, but it did become a labor of love at 2:30 in the morning the night before. Lessons learned: start earlier in the day and recruit a friend to help. When Henry saw it, he exclaimed, "Wow, wow, wow!" Then asked to see it in the fridge a few more times before the party.
Back of the cake. There's a reason it was the back.
My kickity kick ball - the piece de resistance :) The Wubbzy characters were won on ebay in a bidding war where I emerged victorious.
Opening presents!

Giving hugs after each gift! Such a sweet birthday boy!
Cake time with his cousins!
Personalized Wubbzy shirt from etsy.com
Dancing to Happy Birthday!
Excited!
Yum-o!
Full table!
Playing with Emily and Wubbzy on his new fire truck. Widget (his favorite character) always says, "No problemo, little buddy."I'm so proud of Henry. In the last year he has grown so much. Literally! He's 43 inches tall (off the charts for height) and in the 80th percentile for weight (36 pounds, I think). He's become such a big boy...potty trained, sleeping in his toddler bed, and out of his high chair. (After I saw these b-day photos, I thought he was looking kind of big for that chair. So, the next day we had him sit in a regular chair at dinner). His language and memory are fantastic, and he makes us laugh every day! He's continued to bless us with his happy, sweet, kind, and even disposition. He loves to play with cars, trucks, trains, books, and blocks. He's still very fond of his cloth diaper and blankets. He has a few stuffed animals that he favors, including "Pickles" the bear. PBS and Nick Jr. have all his favorite shows. He's starting 3 year old soccer next week! We love you, little buddy!
1 comment:
Everyone looks fantastic! Amazing work with the cake!
Post a Comment